4.12.2011

Love Zaps From God

After work today, I did a little hop and skip over to the Gilbert Healing Rooms.

I enjoy it so much when my brothers and sisters pray for me. Makes me feel pretty loved, both by God and by them.  Sometimes you just need a little love zap from God.  ZZZZZZZip!

The one specific thing I've been contending for lately - His peace. I've been going through some storms, and fear and anxiety have crept in at times. About 45 minutes prior to the time I was due to get prayed for, this huge cloud of anxiety just FELL on me. I felt my heart drop ...a long, long ways. It was such "crestfallen" feeling that it was borderline despair. I have not felt that in a year's time. I realized right away that I was getting spiritually attacked, and that I needed to fight it off. This was of course happening all right before the time of prayer. So then I walked over to the waiting room, where you sit and soak in God's presence while you wait for your name to be called, and started journaling, asking God to bring peace over my troubled mind and heart.

The nice thing about the Gilbert Healing Rooms is that they pray over your name and get words from God before you even come into the room.

Soon enough they came to get me, stood me under a sign that said "In His Presence", at which point I could tangibly feel this mist of love coming over me (not something that happens to me very often at all, probably about 4 or 5 times a year), and two out of the team of three people that prayed over me had received the word "peace" from the Lord, along with Scriptures to share with me.

None of them knew me from Adam.

So that was just a really sweet time.

Thank you, Jesus for the love zap. :)

1 comments:

Les said...

thanks hannah! you're super sweet! i'm praying you have a wonderful time back home - i know things are tough right now, but there is so much beauty in the pain. it wouldn't hurt if it wasn't for the value of people. people are so precious...

Post a Comment

 
;